Frequently Asked Questions:
1. I don’t have a suspension bike, can I still participate?
Yes! We anticipate many participants having less expensive ‘mountain’ bikes for the cycling portion, as well as suspension bikes for the advanced cyclists.
2. Can I use my road bike with thin tires for the cycling portion?
We do NOT recommend using a ‘road’ bike with thin tires for the cycling. The course is all trail terrain and there will be roots, boardwalks, rocks, dirt and shale which require thicker tires suitable for that terrain.
3. Will you have water stations or refreshments?
Yes! If you check out our course maps on our websites, the Green dot represents the start/finish line, as well as the transition area. There will be a hydration station located there for athletes to get a quick drink of water or refill their hydration packs or reusable water bottles. Athletes will have an opportunity after each leg of the race, or after each loop of the cycling portion to access the water station. Post-race refreshments for athletes will also be available at that location.
4. Will participants be receiving a water bottle at registration?
No. Our organizers realize that many athletes already have camel packs, hydration packs, and various refillable water containers on them-selves already. In an effort to do better for our environment, we are asking athletes to bring their own refillable water containers and we will provide the water.
5. I want to try the Team event but I only run (or cycle). Is there a way to find another participant to do the other half of it?
Yes. On our Facebook page, “Edson Adventure Race- a duathlon event”, find our event page for the August 24, 2019 event. There is a post in the newsfeed regarding matching athletes up or finding a partner. You can add your name to the list and check back to find a partner.
6. This is my first duathlon and I do not know how long I will take. Is there a race cut-off for the event?
No. We want to encourage athletes to try this event and complete it at their own pace. It starts at 9:00am and awards are at 2:00pm. We feel that will give enough time for most athletes to finish the race and congratulate the winners. Our event is over at 4:00pm and race marshals will be leaving their postings at that time, unless all the athletes are already completed.
7. Is on-site camping free?
No, the sites are $17 per night and you must book in advance. Athletes have priority until August 9, 2019 and then it is open to the public.Information regarding booking is available on our website.
8. Can I walk instead of running during the race?
We welcome you to do what suits you best. The trail terrain course can accommodate running and walking.
9. Can I bring my dog to run alongside me while I run and cycle?
No, unfortunately due to the amount of athletes we cannot accommodate dogs during the race.
10. My 12 year old wants to do the Team event with me or the TRI event. He/she is really athletic. Can they enter the regular event instead of the kid’s event?
Yes, they can enter the adult races. Please ensure that you read over the terms and conditions and the rules and regulations of the race. Both are posted on our website under “Race details”.The adult registering online will need to check off that they are the guardian of the youth and verify that they understand the risks. The safety of all athletes is extremely important.
If you have any additional questions, please email us at We look forward to your inquiry.